Scikit-learn Open Source Sprint
June 26, 2021 (Saturday)
11am-3pm (UTC-5) | 12pm-4pm (UTC-4) NY timezone | 1pm-5pm (UTC-3)
We are excited to announce our 2021 scikit-learn open source sprint! The scikit-learn sprint is a hands-on "hackathon" where we work on issues in the scikit-learn GitHub repo and learn to contribute to open source.
This event is by application, and applications are processed on a rolling basis.
OUR GOAL: This sprint is focused on increasing the participation of folks in scikit-learn from the Latin America region.
WHEN: Saturday, June 26, 2021
Mexico City, Mexico: 11 am (UTC - 5)
Santiago, Chile: 12 pm (UTC - 4) [NYC timezone]
Sao Paulo, Brazil: 1 pm (UTC - 3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to June 15, 2021
Reference: Time Converter
[en Brazilian Portuguese]
1. Follow the Code of Conduct and contribute to creating a professional, welcoming and inclusive environment.
2. Must have a GitHub account.
3. Must have working knowledge of Python.
4. Must have some knowledge and experience using scikit-learn, the Python machine learning library.
5. It is helpful to have some familiarity with Git.
6. It will take you 2 to 4 hours of prep work prior to the sprint.
Crash course in contributing to open source projects
Example of Submitting a Pull request to scikit-learn
Sprint instructions (VOL 2)
INTRO TO DISCORD
Intro to sphinx
sphinx for Python DOCUMENTATION
Components of Reviewing a Pull REquest